Hog consoles pioneered the world of large-scale automated lighting control. They have enduring loyalty from programmers worldwide. The Hog 4 was built around the way you work, which leads to legendary ease of use. Its tools are designed for programming efficiency, which means even advanced features like pixel-mapping and plot layout are optimized for programming speed.
HPU is the hybrid processor unit for the Hog 4 family. One HPU unit can act either as a rack-mounted console or as a DMX Processor connected to another Hog 4 family console product, capable of 64 universes of output from a single 2U 19-inch rack mount device. With all the power of a Hog 4 console, the HPU is designed for those applications where permanent hardware front-panel interfaces are not necessary, such as cruise ships, theme parks, and architectural lighting installations. In console mode, the HPU can also act as a backup to any Hog 4 family console.
Plug a Hoglet 4 into the HPU, add some touch screen monitors and you have a powerful, stable control system ready to take on any show. HPU is fully expandable using Wings, Widgets, DP8Ks — or even additional HPUs.
Rack ‘em Up
In DMX Processor mode, the HPU packs a punch, expanding any other Hog 4 console product by up to 64 universes of output in a compact, rack-mounted device. Two HPUs = 128 universes, and so on.
The Ins and Outs
So much DMX! With a stunning 64 universes of onboard processing, eight local DMX outputs, two external touchscreen ports, USB and HogNet / FixtureNet ports, HPU is more than happy to run in either console mode or processor mode and crank out universe after universe.
- Robust Hog 4 OS operating system
- Built-in 8” full color multitouch display
- Two DisplayPort monitors/touchscreens supported
- 8 Neutrik XLR-5 DMX outputs
- sACN and Art-Net
- Dual connections for HogNet and FixtureNet
- Keyboard and mouse included
- Optional port replicator to bring all connections to the front of the equipment rack
ELECTRICAL AND ENVIRONMENT
- ETL, CETL and CE compliance
- Mains power: 100–250 VAC, 50/60 Hz, max 120 W
- Mains connector: IEC320 C13
- Fuse: 1x 5×20 mm 5AT fuse
- Acoustical rating: TBD dbA
INTERFACES AND ACCESSORIES
- Local DMX-512 outputs: 8x Neutrik 5-pin XLR
- Expandable DMX-512 outputs via USB DMX Widgets
- Local Art-Net and E1.31/sACN outputs: 1x 1GB/s Ethernet port
- Local HogNet 1GB/s Ethernet port
- Unlimited DMX-512, Art-Net and E1.31/sACN universes via HogNet-connected DMX processors (DP8K or HPU)
- MIDI and LTC inputs via USB MIDI/LTC Widgets
- Connectivity with visualizers via Fixture-Net (Art-Net or E1.31/ sACN, unrestricted by local output capacity)
- OSC (Open Sound Control) for remote control and integration
- USB 3.0 ports: 6 rear, 1 front
- Optional HPU Port Replicator brings the connections to the front of the rack, if so desired.